Acadia Healthcare Health Information Management Director in La Place, Louisiana
RECORD COLLECTION, FILING AND ASSEMBLY
· Collect and assemble records/data in the established format.
· Collect and assemble records in timely and efficient manner.
· File and retrieve records and data according to hospital standards.
· Analyze data to ensure records meet regulatory and hospital standards.
· Implement process to track completion of medical records.
· Implement practitioner notification process regarding delinquent medical records per the Medical Staff Bylaws.
ABSTRACTING and BILLING SUPPORT
· Code all discharges according to the current addition of ICD. Abide by the coding standards and ethics.
· Abstract the medical record when coding completed.
· Code within the hospital timeframes. Collaborate with CFO to manage the unbilled report.
· Participate in Chart-to-Charge and external coding and billing audits.
MEDICAL STAFF SUPPORT
· Provide dictation templates to the transcription company for dictation purposes.
· Review dictation to ensure all sections addressed.
· Ensure medical staff knowledgeable regarding dictation process
· Ensure medical staff is knowledgeable of charting requirements.
· Ensure all medical record forms are approved and current.
· Develop and maintains a par level for all forms used in the medical record.
DATA AND PRIVACY MANAGEMENT
· Approve levels of security and confidentiality of records/data according to current law and regulations.
· Supervise the collection, storage and retrieval system to allow timely and easy use of records.
· Enforce policy/procedures to protect records from loss, damage and unauthorized access or use.
· Serve as the Hospital Privacy Officer.
RELEASE OF INFORMATION/
· Execute appropriate release of information (written, verbal and electronic) ensuring levels of security and confidentiality according to laws, regulations and hospital policy.
· Maintain current knowledge of all privacy related policies and regulations.
· Actively participate in strategic planning and budget development.
· Manage the HIM department within fiscal guidelines.
· Maintain current knowledge of regulatory and accreditation requirements and share with staff to ensure their understanding of and adherence to these requirements.
· Provide reports as assigned by the CEO.
· Hire, orient, train, supervise and evaluate staff.
· Provide departmental orientation that is specific to the functions of the department and the job responsibilities of the staff member.
· Actively participate in Performance Improvement activities as approved through Quality Council.
· Audit records and data for completeness and timeliness and complete reports.
· Collect and submit data for HBIPS and Regulatory required reporting.
· Collect and submit data for California required reporting.
· Represent the facility within the community.
· Provide educational presentations to facility staff and community.
· Develop working relationships with referral sources and community agencies in conjunction with facility marketing efforts.