SMG Public Safety Officer in New Orleans, Louisiana
POSITION: Public Safety Officer
DEPARTMENT: Public Safety
REPORTS TO: Event Public Safety Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Public Safety Officer for SMG Mercedes-Benz Superdome | Smoothie King Center | Champions Square.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Protects highly valuable property, such as equipment, material, grounds, etc.
- Patrols an assigned area and/or stands a fixed post
- Performs security checks of buildings and grounds
- Checks persons on the premises to determine if they possess proper identifications and are authorized to be present on SMG property
- Completes incident reports as required
- Provides customer service functions
- Conducts preliminary investigations relevant to incidents within an assigned area
- Intervenes in disturbances/incidents to maintain peace or restore order
- Sets up and removes barricades, temporary signs, tables and other materials for parking and crowd management
- Proficiently operate safety and security equipment
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check
- Must possess a valid Louisiana Driver's License or State of Louisiana ID at time of appointment
- Must be able to work various shifts, 7 days a week
- Able to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Able to tolerate various weather conditions (i.e. heat, cold, dampness, etc.)
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer,
and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled