Leviton Software Engineer I (Mobile Applications Developer) in New Orleans, Louisiana
This position is responsible for research, development, and application of software as it relates to new and existing products. As required, this position may encompass the following steps of the product life cycle: specification, design, implementation, testing, release, and manufacturing support.
- Work closely with product managers and UX designers to design and implement solutions using cutting edge technologies to meet market requirements
- Develop technical and software specifications for products and systems
- Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and documentation of software
- Write efficient code for basic to intermediate level programming assignments
- Prepare statement of works, project plans. Keep lines of communication open on status of assigned projects and activities
- Responsible for implementing documentation updates and changes to existing applications
- Research new products, technologies and applications
- Provide assistance to technical services for high-priority issues
- Other duties as assigned.
Local Essential Functions (EMC&A;)
- Design and development of hybrid mobile applications using Cordova, AngularJS and Ionic.
- Work closely with UX and graphic designers to develop user interfaces.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ of programming experience with an object oriented language and have a strong knowledge of web technologies.
- Experience with Agile Software Development Methodologies
- Experience with Test Driven Development methodologies
- Experience with a source control system, preferably GIT
- Ability to invent new ways of approaching problems and working with a team to develop innovative solutions
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Must possess a high attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze requirements and problems, and quickly identify solutions.
Local Skills (EMC&A;)
- Ability to develop mobile applications for iOS and Android.
- Ability to develop mobile applications with AngularJS, Cordova, Gulp, and Ionic
- Familiarity with Objective-C, Swift, or JAVA a plus.
- Familiarity with Node.js
- Up to 10% travel
* Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.*
Job category: Engineering