SMG Ticket Scanner in New Orleans, Louisiana
POSITION: Ticket Scanner
DEPARTMENT: Guest Services
REPORTS TO: Employment & Staffing Supervisor and Event Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Ticket Scanner for SMG Mercedes-Benz Superdome | Smoothie King Center | Champions Square.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet each guest with a warm smile and a friendly greeting (i.e. "good afternoon" or "welcome to the Superdome")
- Familiarize yourself with the ticket system for each event, including special passes or credentials that are to be honored
- Give general directions pointing guest to the appropriate area (i.e. "your seats are in the terrace; please take the escalator to the top level")
- Grant admission to each guest who presents a valid ticket, pass or credential
- Deny admission to anyone who is unauthorized or without tickets
- Keep the lines of guests moving rapidly
- Notify guests that cans, bottles, missile type objects, etc., are not allowed in the building. If a guest is uncooperative, call your supervisor or security at the gate
- If you see a guest entering the building smoking, advise them that they need to extinguish the cigarette and smoking is permitted only in designated smoking areas. Smoking is not permitted in the main seating areas. They may smoke at Gate B, D, F and H
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to read and understand written English
- Able to distinguish colors of different credentials
- Able to stand for long periods of time, up to 6 hours, and ability to climb stairs
- Able to tolerate various weather conditions (i.e. heat, cold, dampness, etc.)
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years customer service or retail experience required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer,
and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled