SMG Warehouse Coordinator in New Orleans, Louisiana
POSITION: Warehouse Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Housekeeping Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Warehouse Coordinator for SMG Mercedes-Benz Superdome | Smoothie King Center | Champions Square.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts all cleaning duties including sweeping and vacuuming of carpets, sweeping, mopping and waxing of floors, trash pick-up and removal, cleaning of toilets and urinals, cleaning and shining mirrors, cleaning walls and trash cans, cleaning arena seats, dusting furniture, etc.
- Control of housekeeping equipment including but not limited to brooms, mops, buckets and wringer, toilet brushes, garbage bags, push brooms, cleaning cloths, gloves, mask and cleaning solutions, etc.
- Report to managers concerning broken equipment.
- Provide supplies for an event such as mops, bags, paper product.
- Wash and dry mops, rags, etc. for an upcoming event.
- Cleans and maintains machines as needed.
- Check all areas for equipment.
- Walks/tours the Facility to ensure cleanliness, inside and outside.
- Provide feedback to management concerning supplies and equipment.
- Submit inventory weekly to managers for Mercedes-Benz Superdome and Smoothie King Center.
- Keep post cage area supplied per event and free from debris.
- Keep warehouse in an orderly fashion.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check
- Physical capability to lift, push up to 50 lbs., stoop, bend, climb stairs and work at heights up to 21 stories, operate cleaning equipment as required. The position is often exposed to adverse conditions such as fumes, dust, noise, wet floors, etc.
- Able to stand for long periods of time, up to 10 hours
- Able to work hours as dictated by events
- Ability to work nights/weekends/holidays
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. This position is exposed to adverse weather conditions.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer,
and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled