Intertek GC Chemist in St Rose, Louisiana
Intertek Caleb Brett, a leading provider of ATIC Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification Services, is recruiting for a GC Chemist to join our Caleb Brett team in St. Rose, LA
This team provides cargo inspection and analytical assessment to the world’s petroleum, mining, minerals and biofuels industries. With solutions based on years of expertise, innovation and advanced analytical capabilities, we help customers optimize return on cargoes and help them resolve difficult technical challenges.
The Chemist performs analytical testing for the company and its clients, maintaining accurate records, providing superior service to our clients that is accurate, timely and cost effective.
We’re looking for:
· Good verbal communication skills.
· Proficient at mathematics.
· Ability to perform analytical tasks.
· Protocol, procedure and safety oriented.
· Organized with time management skills.
· Experience in handling chemical and petroleum products.
· High tolerance for job pressure.
· An ability to work and communicate with persons of diverse personalities and backgrounds.
· Receives, examines and records through a login process, inbound samples for testing.
· Prepares samples and quality control specimens, prepares and standardizes reagents and solutions, and calibrates equipment needed for the testing processes.
· Performs testing of samples and quality control specimens using specified methodology.
· Verifies and communicates results obtained.
· Maintains documentation, equipment, and work areas in a neat, orderly and safe condition.
· Assists in the training of less experienced employees.
· Carries out all of the above responsibilities in a supportive manner with adherence to the Company’s Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Management System, Ethics Policy, Environmental Management System, Vision and Strategy, and exercises good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry helpful.
· 1-year experience working in a chemical laboratory.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Auto req ID:
State or Province: