SRA International, Inc., A CSRA Company Systems Engineering Manager (SRF 2861) in Stennis Space Center, Mississippi
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
No Active Clearance Required
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Engineering & Sciences
Created after 9-11-2001, the Department of Homeland Security consolidated numerous agencies' data centers for central management. CSRA plays a key role in the Department's IT integration strategy through its Data Center-1 program.
CSRA's DC-1 program is committed to delivering an efficient, responsive, and mature data center operation through excellence in service delivery, performance, and continual service improvement.
Lead manager Engineering Services whose function is to provide best-of-breed management, with proactive capacity and fault management and reporting, system expansion management, and service restoration management. The job will include ensuring and provide quality assurance on standard operating procedure and run-books for all operational activities. As a manager of the Data Storage and Protection team, you will be accountable for managing the team(s) and data protection infrastructure and works closely with the project teams on deploying storage and backup resources. You'll work closely with vendors, internal teams (CSRA/DHS), and technical resources to maintain, provision, source, and build enterprise class storage and data protection equipment of all tiers in a smooth, efficient manner. Goal is to provide a stable environment and avoid any unplanned outages and reduce number of planned/scheduled outages.
• Demonstrates knowledge of storage, backup, hardware, software in SAN, NAS, and Virtualization technologies including install, configured, upgrade, and migration.
• Established and maintain storage and backup system needs throughout IT organization.
• Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff.
• Ensure storage environment is compliance for audit readiness.
• Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
• Ensures employees operate within guidelines
• Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
• Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels; may interact with senior management
• Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
• Gains consensus from various parties involved
• Able to analyze, develop, and enhance engineering workflow processes.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, complex organization
• Extensive experience managing employees and partner resources in a 24x7 model.
• Project execution and Resource planning as it relates to internal projects as well as external project task requests.
• Good project management, coordination and organization skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to lead diverse teams, takes acceptable risks, and develops innovative solutions to business and technical problems.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
• Working knowledge of data protection concepts and systems
• Working knowledge of Backup, SAN, NAS and software defined storage systems.
• Working high-level knowledge of hardware, operating systems, storage, network, middleware, databases, and virtualization technologies.
• Working knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery concepts. • Able to build trending report for capacity planning.
• Able to check interoperability matrix cross storage devices that mapped to client • 10 years of IT experience
• 5 years of storage/virtualization experience
• 3 years of management experience
Must Have Skills • Management Leadership
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA MS Stennis Space Center - 9313 Cypress Loop Rd (MSC008)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.